Nicholas Galitzine details ‘intense’ preparation for He-Man role in ‘Masters of the Universe’
British actor Nicholas Galitzine opened up about the intense process of transforming his body for his role as He-Man in the upcoming Masters of the Universe.
Kim Asis/Paraluman News
21 May 2026 at 11:53:29

A screen grab of a photo posted on the Instagram account of Nicholas Galitzine
From the Instagram account of Nicholas Galitzine
British actor Nicholas Galitzine opened up about the intense process of transforming his body for his role as He-Man in the upcoming Masters of the Universe.
The 31-year-old actor described the preparation as physically demanding, requiring months of strict training, dieting, and nonstop action work.
As reported by E! News at the film’s premiere last Monday, May 18, Galitzine explained that the preparation was an “everyday” commitment.
He said the team initially focused on building as much size as possible in a short amount of time. Along with consuming massive amounts of calories — up to 5,000 a day — he trained intensely for three hours daily to bulk up for the iconic character.
As filming progressed, the routine became even tougher. The “Purple Hearts” actor detailed the training evolved from gaining muscle to staying lean and camera-ready while shooting action-heavy scenes.
Between takes, he would do cardio on an assault bike before returning to set to continue filming. According to him, that nonstop cycle lasted for about five months.
The actor also revealed that there were times he had been ordered to dramatically cut his calorie intake while still filming the movie, describing the experience as “pretty insane.”
He admitted the process caused “brain fog” at times, but he still needed enough energy to perform demanding stunt and action sequences.
During certain phases, he also incorporated 18-hour fasting windows while balancing stunt training and filming. Despite the challenge, Galitzine said the experience was rewarding overall, though he has no desire to maintain that size year-round.
In another interview reported by People, the actor shared details about finally ending his strict diet. Galitzine admitted he was mentally ready to eat “something disgusting” after months of discipline. He added that his first cheat meal was even better than expected, saying food means everything to him.
After finishing the film, Galitzine immediately had to prepare for another role, playing a WWII soldier in the upcoming Netflix historical war drama The Mosquito Bowl.
Masters of the Universe is scheduled to hit cinemas on June 5.
-Kim Asis/Paraluman News
TOP ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
LATEST NEWS
PARALUMAN NEWS
GET IN TOUCH
desk@myparaluman.ph
Tektite Towers (East), Exchange Road
Ortigas Center. San Antonio 1600
City of Pasig, NCR, Philippines
+63284298877
MENU
© 2026 Paraluman News Publication






